Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Flattery will get you everywhere

How could I not post today when Jagular had such kind words for my previous post??

I'm lovin' it.
This is the kind of post that keeps me coming back to your blog.
You have a knack for capturing the moment with clarity, yet brevity.
Don't worry about trying to come up with the "perfect" thing to write about.
Just be yourself.

Well, I have to be honest and say that my heart skipped a beat when I read that ... it absolutely made my day ...

that and this email:

Dear Frannie, xxxxx, xxxxxxx, xxx, and xxxxxx,
Even though ALL of you got the answer to the quote wrong, you have each won a copy of Skye's book, Rock Star Momma. (The answer is Joely Fisher!)
Please send your mailing address to ........ so she can send it to you.
You're gonna love it!
Danielle
Publisher, President
Celebrity Baby Blog Inc.


How cool is that? Like I said yesterday, I never, ever, ever win anything .. and now twice in a month I have won super cool stuff ... y'all know how much I love to read and now I will have another terrific book to report on! and my toes and fingers look terrific too!

ok ... now for some randomness ...

I would not be 19 again if you paid me. Although I think I was fairly h.o.t. at 19 it was such a difficult time in my life ... and I am certain the lives of many of the girls around me. I realized yesterday that 19 hasn't really changed that much since I was 19 some ... urgh ... not quite 20 years (effin' yikes!) ... a young girl I know called me in tears yesterday - and while I won't give the details, I can only say that young girls can be quite mean -- my sweet friend was abandoned by her friends when she was really counting on them, but their self-centeredness got in the way.
I feel bad for her but am sooo glad that it isn't me.

However, I was able to use my most recent friend issue as a lesson for her ... how certain people come into your life just when you least expect it, but likely need them most ... she stayed the night with us and cried on my shoulder (I am sooo bloomin' tired) and feels miles better this morning ...

queenb2u asked about pet peeves (the easiest one of all her suggestions) ...
* people who attempt to use big words that they don't know the meaning of
* when someone says they can only hurt you if you let them.
* bad breath
* cellphone use in a restaurant
* people who are rude to nice service people (in restaurants, retail, dr.s office, etc.) - yelling at them won't help your situation!
* lairs, braggarts, haters and pushy sales people
* the end of a good book
* when people say that tap water tastes the same as bottled water
* people who feel compelled to give me parenting advise (generally in the grocery store when AngelBaby is acting out -- especially when they assume she is my only child and say something like just wait till she's a teenager ... yea, thanks!)
* Forwarded emails
* Garages that take up the entire front of house - garages aren't pretty, houses can be
* when dollar bills aren't facing the same direction (too many years in retail)
* when the cashier/waiter/barista assumes that they can keep the change
and of course
* those who assume that just because I am a SAHM mom;
I can watch their kids anytime
run miscellaneous errands for them
exercise whenever I want
read or watch TV all day
that I have the time or desire to peddle whatever they are trying to hawk
I don't have an education

OK -- there you go .. I could go on but ... I think I have said enough!

Frannie


I don't have pet peeves, I have whole kennels of irritation. ~ Whoopi Goldberg

For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness. Ralph Waldo Emerson



We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 1:12

4 comments:

TTQ said...

I hate the endof a good book too. Always makes me sad.

christa said...

(from your last post) I also read My Sister's Keeper. It was amazing.

Prunella Jones said...

My pet peeves are: cellulite, chipping my nail polish minutes after a manicure, alien abductions, and cleaning up dog poop. I also hate it when a good book ends.

Trish said...

Yeah I totally hear you on the not wanting to be 19 again. You couldn't PAY me to be hot but without a clue!

Well maybe for a couple 'a million LOL