Friday, September 07, 2007

Hangin' on by a shoe string ...

Which might be ok if I actually wore shoes with strings ... instead I am still wearin' my flip-flops (YES! after Labor day and until the last possible minute I can!) and they are drastically close to fallin' off.

I am bone tired. I am as discombobulated as I have ever been. I don't think I actually speak in full sentences these days ... and I am quite literally falling apart.

I lost half of a tooth this week -- let me tell you how much that hurts ... it is both physically painful - and painful to the ego! I feel sorta like a hillbilly, losin' a tooth. You can't see it ... but I know it's there (or rather not there) and I am sooo self conscious. Of course I went to the dentist, which I HATE. And, of course, they want to save the tooth ... which, of course, would cost an arm and a leg ... I would need a root canal, a crown and some other fancy gum surgery. Ok, there is only about 30% of the actual tooth left ... so, I can spend a fortune ($2500-$3000) to *rebuild* a tooth that is hardly there -- or -- I can spend $200 to remove the tooth that is k.i.l.l.i.n.g. me! hmmmmm - tough choice. This particular tooth is a molar .. so I don't think I will miss is much.

Anywho .... sorry to get a graphic on y'all!

Besides the tooth, I can feel my bones achin' in a way the have never ached before. Age! Things really (really, really, really) change after 35. Although I weigh less than I have weighed in decades, all of my current weight is in completely different places than it was the last time I was at this weight. I thought I would have more energy if I weighed less ... not so much. I would still really appreciate a daily nap -- if I could actually take one!

This upcoming week I have a meeting or activity every single day! Including Saturday and Sunday! I almost want to take a nap now, just thinkin' about it.

I did finish a few books this week that left me wanting to know more ... My Enemy the Queen by Victoria Holt,Philippa Carr & others, Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult, and The Queen's Secret - Jean Plaidy.

School has started. The kids are mostly happy about it. AngelBaby is NOT happy to be left behind ... but she does appreciate the one-on-one mommy time.

I wish I could write more, but I can't even think straight ....

Frannie

“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted. You should live several lives while reading it.” William Styron


Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 19:31

No comments: