Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sunshine and Roses ...

Ok, maybe not.

I made it through Christmas. I wasn't a total Grinch. The kids ended up with a few gifts and CPS never stopped by to question me about AngelBaby's knife wielding adventures ...

although I have noticed that the Fed-Ex guy approaches our house with a little more caution these days.

We got snow on Christmas day, so the kids had a grand time making snow angels - in the .25 inches that accumulated (and was gone by evening).

True to form, Mr. Farmer failed to deliver fabulous gifts ... he just isn't any good at the stuff ... but it's ok because I had already ordered this beauty before Christmas - now I just have to figure out how to work it in to my wardrobe.

A big (or not) plus this season -- I managed to get through the numerous feasts without gaining any weight. I didn't lose anything (I have about 5 pounds left to reach my goal) but I didn't expect to.

We have been talking about New Years Resolutions around here. I am not going to make any, because I know that I am not likely to keep any that come immediately to mind ... Mr. Farmer, however, has 2 or 3 that he thinks he will stick to.

What about you? And big resolutions or revolutions?

I am going to take down the tree today ... funny, everyone wants to *help* put it up, but no one wants to help me take it down!

Blessings ...
Frannie


“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me.”
Erma Bombeck (U.S. humorist, 1927-1996)

For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. James 3:16

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, happy new year, Frannie.
I hope it's a good one for you.