Friday, April 18, 2008

Weather or whether

Weather ... it's April 18th and it's snowing.

Snow. In. April.

Wrong. this is plain old wrong. At least where I come from it is. We don't generally have weather like this. And I don't care for it. I am ready to put the long sleeves away. I am ready for sandals and skimmers and a pedicure.

Whether ... whether to take the next med or not. That is question that is weighing heavily on my mind today. I have tried several. They are messin' with my abilities. Severely. It ain't pretty. But ...

I am seeking some solitude this weekend. I am going to do my best to steal away some quiet time. I am have to bribe some people. But I need some peace. It doesn't come cheap - but I think it will be worth it in the long run ... because I need to know the answer to whether ...

I started seeing a counselor of sorts. Have only gone a couple of times -- it's tough to arrange. But it has been good so far. It is hard for me to open up - to be vulnerable. Truthful. We'll see.

Snow. More snow. I can't believe it.

Happy April

Hope you are warm, where ever you are ...

Frannie

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather. ~John Ruskin

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

2 comments:

anne said...

Yesterday it was almost 80 here, but they say we'll be getting snow again soon. Boo hiss on that.

The Girl Next Door said...

HA! Here too! I was thinking of you wondering if you all got hit there also! LOL

Sigh, I am not sure what meds you are taking but I love my Zoloft! Zoloft is my friend, it makes me feel SO much better. initally it was kind of funky- first was WAY up and LOTS of energy, then complete opposite after a week or so- but not real bad then totally normal, not too Happy, not too sad, just normal, I respond normal etc and my anxiety is SO much better, although I do still have it occasionally. Now that I have been on it for five months I really see the difference in how I respond, it helps it really does, and I don't feel strange or weird or abnormal, I don't feel like I am feeling something I am not etc. it just makes me able to cope like a normal person!

Sigh, I have missed you, I keep saying I am going to write but... well you have seen how that has gone. I have lots going on right now!