Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Complete and utter randomness

Well .. here I am. Once again trying to be a proficient blogger ... am I alone in the feeling that, as a mom, I can do many things adequately, but I can not seem to master anything?

I doubt it ... but why do so many other mom's seem to have it so much more together?

Random comments ...

Mr. Farmer: Do you trust your radar to tell you when you have too much going on?
Me: You mean like having too much laundry to do - or too many people to feed - or ... ?
Mr. Farmer:
Well...ummm...I meant more like your outside activ ...
Me: Because I am definitely feelin' the radar with your laundry.

Me: AngelBaby, stop hitting your sister, you must behave.
AngelBaby: (wailing) MaaMaa I don't wanna behave, I wanna be AngelBaby.

Diva3 (friends daughter):
Mrs. Farmer, I see that you have a couple of tattoo's.
Me:
Well, Diva3, I do have two tattoo's, but I waited until I was a grown up to get them.
Diva3:
We aren't allowed to have two tattoo's OR two-pieced swimsuits.
Me:
We aren't allowed to have two-pieced swimsuits either.
Diva3: How come your tattoo has a two-piece on then?

hmmmmm.


Random Stuff ...

I am not sure why the spacing is off on with blogger ... as I type it automatically double-spaces everything. I then go into the HTML and delete the spacing ... what gives?

Gmail - for the last two days I can access my Gmail account(s) but can not actually access the emails ... I can delete them if I want to but I can't read them ... what gives?

Potty training: while we were camping Angelbaby managed to use the at least 90% of the time. Since we returned home -- she is about 50% ... what gives?

New Addiction:
R.W. Garcia Salsa Fresca Tortilla Chips. I think I should just finish off the bag and be done with it, the are sooo darned good - they are calling me from across the house! I know what gives!


Books ...
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.
I am not quite done yet, but I have to say that Jodi is turning into one of my favorite authors. I love her stuff!!!

The Starter Wife - by Gigi Levangie Grazer.
So darned funny. Mr. Farmer is even reading it right now .. he thinks it's hilarious! I actually WON the book and an entire
The Starter Wife Survival Kit! from Seriously? OMG! WTF?!!!! I never, ever, ever win anything .. and this is the coolest thing EVER!

The Postcard - by Beverly Lewis. -
An Amish woman, Rachel loses her husband and son in a tragic accident. She returns to her aging parents with her young daughter, resigning herself to the life of a widow. She takes over the family run a bed-and-breakfast in a quaint Lancaster county town.
Things aren't always what they seem ... this is a really great book - SweetiePie and I are reading it together and it has some great lessons ...

Soapsuds by Finola Hughes and Digby Diehl.
Well written - pretty much what I would expect from a soap actress ... it does make you wonder if Finola is mimicking the cast and crew from
General Hospital or All My Children.
Digby has written books with
Natalie Cole, Esther Williams, as well as a few on his own.


Questions ...
queenb2u had a couple of good ideas for me to write about ... some of my hopes or dreams, favorite people or pet peeves ... I think I will take her up on the challenge this week ... Jenster is working in riveting which I like the idea of ... Anyone else?

May you all have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!

Frannie


I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I'm thinking, okay, here's a gal who's capable of making a decision she'll regret in the future. ~Richard Jeni

Quirky is sexy, like scars or chipped teeth. I also like tattoos - they're rebellious. ~Jennifer Aniston

My body is a journal in a way. It's like what sailors used to do, where every tattoo meant something, a specific time in your life when you make a mark on yourself, whether you do it yourself with a knife or with a professional tattoo artist. ~ Johnny Depp

Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit." John 3:5





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of those books look good... I'll have to go out and get them.. I too am loving Jodi Picoult!!

Have you read any of Markus Zukaf?? His book the Book Thief is one of the best books I've read lately...

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin' it.
This is the kind of post that keeps me coming back to your blog.
You have a knack for capturing the moment with clarity, yet brevity.

Don't worry about trying to come up with the "perfect" thing to write about. Just be yourself.