Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Someone wake me

when the room stops spinning.

Ever had a migraine? Ever had one that lasts for days, weeks, months?

You would think I was an expert at it by now. But alas, I am just as surprised each time I get one that just won't go away.

I have had them virtually all my life. Some times, with medication, they go away in a few hours and other times - with or with out medication - they can last for months. My longest lasted 68 days, that I kept track of ... could have been longer.

Anywho ... I know I have talked about them here before. I don't really want to dwell on it, but rather make excuses for myself - when they come and don't leave - I check out ... on life - as much as I can anyway ... because really ... I still have to be the mom, the bills still need to be paid and life does go on. I just can't focus to write a darn thing!

Ok, I'll stop with the griping ...

Even when things suck, there are a few sweet moments.

This weekend was no exception. On Saturday my girls and I just hung out together. Doin' nothin'. It was so sweet. I read a book - Catch Me If You Can by Donna Kauffman - quite steamy, I was shocked - of course I didn't put it down though ...

The day just seemed to lull along, each one of my girls taking turns hanging out with mom. They read their own books, of course, and we just cuddled on the couch. It was nice outside (for a while) so AngelBaby and I actually took a cat nap on a blanket in the back yard.

The girls ran around the back 40 in bare feet and just had a blast.

I guess I can't accurately describe the sweetness of the day ... just take my word ok, it was a great day!

I can't really say too much more. I am takin' it easy this week ... I hope.

Frannie


Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain. William Faulkner

When old people speak it is not because of the sweetness of words in our mouths; it is because we see something which you do not see. Chinua Achebe

We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers. 1 Thessalonians 1:2

4 comments:

TTQ said...

Inderal 60 mg twice a day everyday. Fiornal every 4-6 hours when despite the Inderal, I get a migraine. This is my first year on this after a life time of migraines..much more managable now that I saw the Neurologist every three weeks until we got the dosages right.

Jenster said...

I'm so sorry about your headaches. I get migraines every once in a blue moon and they rarely last more than a day. And that day is miserable, so I can't imagine how horrible it is to deal with it 24/7 and then some.

And when I do get them I'm totally non-functional. So don't worry about "checking out". Your weekend does sound sweet, tho! :o)

Anonymous said...

I love spending days like that with my kids...

Frannie Farmer said...

TTQ - I don't envy you. I spent a few years trying to "narrow it down" - but really I just ended upi dizzy most of the time .. sure you know that feeling.
Jen - no migraines .. but you have enought "other" stuff to deal with!
Trish - it is a wonderful thing .. which I am reminding myself of today as I am trying to get the playdough out of the carpet. :)