Keep It Simple Sweetie (ok, that's my version & I'm stickin' to it!)
So, since I can't be creative in posting ... life is moving to fast, I decided to take Ffleur's lead and post the Christmas Meme ... thus keepin' it simple for myself.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog is YUCKY! Hot chocolate is ok. But I prefer spiced cider.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa doesn't have time to wrap. Plus, then he has to make extra sure that none of his paper matches mom and dad's.
3. Colored lights on tree/house? Depends on the year. Sometimes blue, but usually white.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Not since Farmer baby #4 ... if ya know what I mean.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Depends on the year, the age(s) of the children ... no specific time line.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Stuffing!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: The Christmas party (for kids) at dad's work place. It was the best. They always had the coolest Santa, the best of gifts ...
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I can't remember at all. I am guessing it was young, I know it was before I was 12.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yep. Usually all of the gifts from other relatives are opened on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? see number 5.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? As an adult - I dread it.
12. Can you ice skate? Nope, not at all, never!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Nothing that comes to mind, sadly!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with my children.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I am not real sweets kinda gal. I perfer the starchy stuff ... and my thighs know it!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Driving atound looking at the Chritmas lights.
17. What tops your tree? An angel.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I love watching someone open something that I took time and effort to pick out. It is a bonus if they love it.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Silent night.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? on their own,Yuck. Good only crushed & topping ice cream or cookies. Also good for decorating. (copied from Ffleur, because it's the TRUTH!)
This is Christmas: not the tinsel, not the giving and receiving, not even the carols, but the humble heart that receives anew the wondrous gift, the Christ. -Frank McKibben
While [Joseph and Mary] were [in Bethlehem], the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. Luke 2:6-7