Well, I wanted to give it a shot yesterday but it just didn’t work out like I thought it would.
So I made my own …
14 things you may or may not know about Frannie
1) I love to cook. But don’t really care for baking; I think it’s because you have to follow the directions (rules) when you bake.
2) I have been a blonde, brunette and a redhead (along with a few other wild colors along the way). I think I prefer red.
3) I don’t like root beer, pizza, sugar cereals, or McDonalds. I have been told that this makes me un-American.
4) I actually like vanilla ice cream more than chocolate, especially if it is vanilla bean.
5) I have never tried cocaine, acid, crack, mushrooms, ecstasy, speed, or heroin. I have wondered if how different my life would have been if I had. (I stole and modified this from Manic Mom … just so you know).
6) I have food issues. Serious issues. I have been really heavy and fairly thin. I have been bulimic, but I have never been anorexic; although I really wanted to be and did some serious research trying to figure out how I could become so. In the end; I just like food too much to give it up completely. Sometimes I still fight the urge to purge, but mostly I am ok.
7) I have had migraines since I was barely more than a toddler. I have had every test (and more) associated with them, taken every possible medication available and still haven’t found anything that works. The kicker is; I have had more than one person tell me it was all in my head … ummm, duh!
8) I don’t like baths. I don’t like to sit in a tub filled with hot water and floaty things and I certain that no matter how clean the tub is, there will be floaty things. I do love to take a steaming hot shower, step into a robe and head straight to bed.
9) I have one tattoo. I waited a long time to get my first tattoo … I was in my 30’s before I did it and thought I was finally old enough to get one. Now I don’t love it, but I don’t hate it. If I was thin, I would probably get one on the small of my back, I think that it's sexy.
10) I think that coffee, tea, wine and cigarettes are acquired tastes. I love coffee now and can hardly go a day w/out it, but never drank it until well into my 20’s. I am still trying to acquire a taste for tea – not a huge fan. Wine … well, I don’t know a mom that hasn’t acquired the taste, although I am sure there are the rare few. And cigarettes – been there, done that and I am not going back. I hope.
11) I have very thin lips and would totally get implants or collagen or whatever people do to their lips if I could afford it. In fact, if I had money, there are a number of procedures I would do – I have nursed 4 babies, need I say more?
12) I love to read. I could sit still and read all day. I have been known to finish large novels in a day. Ironically, I can not sit still in a meeting or classroom. I have tried to go back to school several times, but I just can’t sit through the classes and I am not disciplined enough to take online classes …
13) I wish I was a better person.
14) Last year I fasted for the first time ever. It started as an accident; I was sick but then I kept doing it for almost a week. It felt great. Since then, I have wanted to do it again, but I just can’t get the momentum. The funny thing is that it started a much needed life change for me … I have lost almost 60 pounds in a year. I would like to lose 5 more by the end of the year, but I don’t think I will … and I am finally ok with that.
In closing, I am sure that I have revealed too much ... that's me. I talk to much - even when I am not talking.
The thing about creativity is, people are going to laugh at it. Get over it. -Twyla Tharp
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. ... The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:1-2 and 14