Saturday, December 09, 2006

My computer is sooo *&%#@!^ s.l.o.w.

It is making me crazy. I would like to throw it out the window, but since it is the only one I have ... I guess I won't.

So, if there are any brilliant computer people out there that can tell me how to speed things up, I would really appreciate it. I know that I have the capacity to add RAM (? is that what makes it faster)or whatever it is that I was told I had the ability to add ...

So, I am reading my horoscope this morning, the one that is in my in-box every morning that I generally delete without even looking at, and it says something like ‘Use your soapbox sensibly … and letting go of the things you can not control…’

I read this and think to myself; is this really a horoscope? I mean, is this sound advice for this single day? Or is it a way of life? Shouldn’t I always use my ‘soapbox’ sensibly? Isn’t my effort every.single.friggin.day to let go of the things I can not control.

In fact, it seems that most of the scripture that I am drawn to offers me this same advice.

1 Peter 5:7 tells me to ‘be content with who you are, and don't put on airs. God's strong hand is on you; he'll promote you at the right time …’

Matthew 6:25, 33
‘I tell you not to worry about your life. Don't worry about having something to eat, drink, or wear. Isn't life more than food or clothing? …’
‘… But more than anything else, put God's work first and do what he wants. Then the other things will be yours as well.’

And my favorite; Philippians 3:12-14
I have not yet reached my goal, and I am not perfect. But Christ has taken hold of me. So I keep on running and struggling to take hold of the prize. My friends, I don't feel that I have already arrived. But I forget what is behind, and I struggle for what is ahead. I run toward the goal, so that I can win the prize of being called to heaven. This is the prize that God offers because of what Christ Jesus has done.

Perhaps this means that I should open my Bible more and my in-box less. The results may be similar but one will certainly make me feel better.

Happy Saturday my friends
~ Frannie


No change of circumstances can repair a defect of character.- Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer


[Jesus said,] "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. ... This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." John 15:5,8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may be the short and stupid answer, but on my machine, in the control panel there is a section performance and maintenance. In there I have two things that speed it up, one is something called features to speed up your computer (well duh). I did that, it deleted some temporary files making more room in it's little brain pan. The second was to defragment it. A second link thingy to trigger. Seems the little darlin' gets scattered. I can so relate. Anyway if you set that going, and it takes a LONG time, it should help. This seems like an easy fix and I hope you aren't finding this obnoxiously obvious, but it worked for me. Good luck.

Drewpy Drew said...

Wait, you only have one window? Well don't throw your computer through it.