Sunday, December 17, 2006

Outta the mouths of babes ...

AngelBaby is quite the talker these days. She just rambles on and on and on. Sometimes I can even understand her.

As she is learning to speak in full sentence, she is also learning the fine art of manipulation.

At various times throughout the day, yesterday and today, I would attempt to sit down and construct my daily blogging diatribe. Each time I sat at the computer, AngelBaby was right there, her arm snuggly around mine, staring up at me, pushing the buttons (mine, as well as the keyboards) saying 'iyuyoumommy'.

Well, of course, no matter what important musings are floating through my head, I sorta have to stop and give the little imp some lovin'.

It doesn't stop there though.

After, I don't know, 10 or 12 times of this particular action, I have pretty much had enough ... now don't get me wrong, I love AngelBaby, she is my final child and I cherish each and every moment - but I can only do that for so long and then mommy needs ... well ... some mommy time.

And so ... I finally pull out my ace in the hole - the Winnie the Pooh movie - not a short, a whole movie, we love this movie! Seriously, LittleMiss knows all the words and even SweetiePie and Heartbreaker will sit through at least 2/3rd of it ...

Do you know what my little punkin' says? Hmmm, do ya? Any ideas?

She says 'no mommy, I miss you, I miss you too, too much' ...

Hummm. Tell me what a mom is supposed to do with that?

Well, I struggled for about 30 seconds, I really had some witty stuff on my mind .. honest, I was even thinkin' about it at like 3am last night ... well ya know, I went and sat, once again, with my AngelBaby, letting her fall asleep on me, drool and all.

and I loved it.

so so much.

~ Frannie



Before I was married, I had a hundred theories about raising children and no children. Now, I have three children and no theories. - John Wilmot


An angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." Matthew 1:20-21

9 comments:

T-girl said...

HA! Her and Baby J must be getting on the computer conversing when we aren't looking, trying to find stratagie! I am at my wits end, I have a post half constructed on the subject myself. I am so done with the whole child raising thing- can I send her to boarding school yet? LOL

Btw- two day in a row you are stealing my thunder... I am starting to worry! LMAO

Cherry Popcorn said...

Awww.. tat's so sweet.. Little kids sure know how to tug at your heartstrings don't they! =)

Prunella Jones said...

Awwwwwww. Love those baby years.

Anonymous said...

Oh my...that is the cutest thing I have heard in a LONG time. You go and cuddle with that baby as long as you like we will be here when you get back :-)

queenb2u said...

Enjoy it. Pretty soon they won't want to cuddle and you will.

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Love the baby years, but really love nap time. Kids can be so funny and so exhausting at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is love...and one smart baby!! Really cool story!!!

Frannie Farmer said...

T~ I bet you are right. She is getting her ideas somewhere. She gets better at it every day.
Sorry for stealin' your thunder .. what's a girl to do?
PS~ Absolutely! :)
Ffleur~ Nap? What's a nap?
Pru~ I love them too. Really. They are so sweet .. but seriously could they just go to sleep??
Trish~ I constantly try to remind myself that this won't last as long as I would like ...
Q2B~ I know. I tell myself that 20 times a day. One day they will stop clinging and I will miss it ... Welcome. Glad you stopped in :)
Kari~ Amen sister. and they have SO much more energy than I do!
Mack~ It is LOVE. In the best way. I know I am going to need to watch out for this opne, she is one smart cookie!

amanda said...

Is it wrong that I do that same exact thing to my fiance? "Don't go play video games, stay here with me, I wuv you!"