Leftover Bits of Cheese? Don't feed the mice ...
Melt any kind of cheese bits with canned skim milk and you will have a delicious cheesey sauce that can be poured over pasta, tortilla chips, vegetables or baked potatoes.
This is a healthy version of a tried and ture quesadilla recipe.
4 (7-inch) whole wheat tortillas
1/2 cup shredded light mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded light cheddar cheese
2 slices smoked chicken or turkey, slivered
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 tomato, finely chopped and drained
2 teaspoons pickled jalapeño peppers, finely chopped
1. Place tortillas, one at a time, on a preheated nonstick skillet.
2. Evenly distribute 1/4 of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses, chicken, onions, cilantro, tomatoes and peppers over top.
3. Cook over medium heat until cheese melts (tortilla shouldn't brown).
4. Fold to make half moon and press firmly in place. Transfer to baking sheet or platter in warm over. Repeat with remaining tortillas and remaining ingredients.
5. Cut each into two or three wedges, and serve immediately.
Faith is a living and unshakable confidence, a belief in God so assured that a man would die a thousand deaths for its sake. -Martin Luther
Know this, my beloved brethren. Let every man be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger, for the anger of man does not work the righteousness of God. Therefore put away all filthiness and rank growth of wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. James 1:19-21