1) I still haven’t written my epitaph. When I do, I will post it.
2) I haven’t eaten all of Dark Chocolate M&M'S, but I have eaten far too many of them for someone who doesn’t like them.
3) I finally finished Born in Death by J. D. Robb. It got better as it went on. The disappointing part is that its part of a series. Not that you have to read the series to get any of them, just that there is a series and I am a little odd that way … I never like it when a book ends and always want to know more about the characters … so if there are more books, well, I gotta read them.
4) So, on that note … I think I mentioned that the book was a gift, right? My question is, why would you buy someone a book from the middle or end of a series? Just wondering.
5) Current reads:
Tender Mercy For A Mother's Soul - By: Angela Thomas Guffey - the author encourages mothers to nourish their souls. The first part of the book is spent laying the basis of "Why" it is essential for mothers to care for themselves achievable suggestions of how to accomplish "remaining in the vine".
Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination - By: Helen Fielding - I just started this one .. I don’t think that it will be as witty as Bridget Jones's Diary, but it was cheap at the big Book Discount Store – and the cover was cute .
6) Be sure to stop by Jeana's and wish her a happy 1st blogavesary! She is terrifically witty and always gracious, so if you haven’t stopped by before – today is the day!
7) I think I have had twice as much soda from a can since Kari warned us about Getting Out Of The Can! Funny how that works ... tell me that its bad and I want it all the more ...
8) I got my Netflix movies yesterday. I am not sure what I was taking when I ordered Broken Flowers. To say that it is odd … well that would be an understatement. It was strange, almost unwatchable. I didn’t turn it off, because just like books, I have a weird fixation about finishing a movie that I start … but I should have. NOT.GOOD.AT.ALL! If you saw Lost in Translation, well it is different than that, but leaves you with the same, almost repulsed, feelings ...
9) The other movie is The Weather Man, which I did start and immediately turn off when I heard the F-bomb six or seven times in the first 4 minutes. So, I may or may not watch that when the brood is sleepin’.
10) I really don’t want to keep talking about the weight I have lost - but I have a question – what do you say when people say ‘wow Frannie, you sure have lost a lot of weight' … I mean, I generally just say thank you ... but sometimes it feels like they want more ... occasionally they will ask how I did it, and again I am stumped - because I don't think it has been any one thing, but rather a combination of A LOT of things ... anywho ... maybe y'all can help out here!
11) I don’t have to cook a lot this weekend. I did last weekend, and it was overwhelming. In all I cooked for almost 50 people. Whew, I need a weekend off.
12) I jinxed myself when I mentioned AngelBaby’s success at potty training. In the last two weeks she has completely lost interest. I should have gotten stock in HUGGIES, I knew I should and I hedged … dumb move on my part.
13) LittleMiss on the other hand, has had amazing development over the last few weeks; coloring in the lines, writing her name (over and over and over), drawing pictures that actually look like people (rather than stick figures) and doing Pre-k Workbook, after workbook. Another thing I should have gotten stock in. ah well… It is just so cool watching them grow and learn and challenge themselves. So cool!
14) I realize that I haven’t done the Frannie's Fixin's & Cookin' Tips in quite some time … that is something I really enjoy … do you? If so, let me know and I will make more of an effort, if not – I won’t bother. When I started doing it, I thought it might distinguish me from other bloggers, but I am most curious to know what y’all think … do tell.
Happy Friday Y'all! Enjoy your weekend!
Most people are more comfortable with old problems than with new solutions. -Charles Brower
If it frustrates you that they don't allow laptops on a Ferris wheel, you may be a workaholic.-Dr. Donald E. Wetmore
After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly. Acts 4:31