Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Wednesday Randomness

~
My computer is SO slow again I am just about to forget blogging.
I have deleted my cookies, cleaned out my cache, ran the little PC cleaner upper doohickey and still everything seems to be taking F.O.R.E.V.E.R.!

I am not a computer whiz bang, so I just don’t know what more to do. The strange part is that it sounds like the modem keeps cycling or something … like it is trying to transmit some data, or run a CD, but there isn’t anything there … frustrating.
~
~
So, have you learned the art of being ‘politically correct’ in small talk? I don’t think I have. You know how it is when someone asks ‘how are you Frannie?’ … I always wonder if I should say ‘do you want the truth or the polite answer?’

I always say I’m fine, peachy, super … whatever; even when it isn’t so. Especially lately. I find myself wanting to say nothing rather than saying something untruthful.

Y’all know that I have been down for a while; some of it is easy to explain … other parts just go deeper that I can articulate. There are sides of me that no one is allowed to see. Not my family, my friends, nor my blogging buddies. I probably go deeper here than anywhere else, but still there is a lot of holding back.

I don’t want to dwell on it today … I have just been thinking about how to give the right answer, when things are not right.
~
~
Celebrity smack ...
Ok, have you seen the pictures of Brandon Davis? Seriously, he is disgusting. I can’t believe that someone as vile as he is, can even begin to say unkind words about other people.

Is Britney headin' to rehab? I hope so or at least a concentrated break. I love Brit-Brit, but the girl needs to get her priorities right. I’m not sayin’ she’s and alchy or anything but … the problem does seem to be consistent and I would hate to see her lose the boo-boo’s to K-Fed.

Am I the only one that doesn’t give a shit care about the Barbara, Rosie, The Donald thing?

I admit it, I thought that the pictures of Nicole and Joel kissing at Midnight looked sorta sweet. Although I am sure that Hilary Duff is livid. That would blow to see the guy you spent 2 years with sucking face with someone else … whether it’s Nicole or not.

Same goes for Nick and Vanessa. They looked sweet. And I don’t care if Jessica is k-i-s-s-i-n-g John Mayer … you know she is missing Nick! He is wayyyy hotter.
~
~
I was sortof stunned by the video of Saddam Hussein being executed. I guess I was also shocked that he was executed so swiftly.

I know that he is/was a terrible person, that his wrongs far surmounted the wrongs of sooo many people currently on death row. But I can’t help but wonder why he can be so quickly eliminated when there are so many guilty murderers/kidnappers/rapists/abusers that will make appeal up appeal … spending millions of tax payers dollars, earning educations that most middle class children won't be afforded. Living with medical benefits that I, along with a million others, can not personally obtain …

Just wondering how that happens ...
~
~
Here are the best ever bath lotions, scrubs and oils. Check 'em out! They are wonderful.
~
~
I just finished reading Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult.

An excellent book and I don't want to give it away; I will just say that it really made me think about my lack of personal history. Even when you think you know your heritage, how can you be truly sure?
~
~
I just started reading Born in Death by J. D. Robb - or Nora Roberts as she is better known. I don't like it so far ... about 30 pages in. I haven't read any of the other 'In Death" books that she has done and it seems like it might be a series ... it just isn't working for me thus far. But I won't quit because I always have to finish a book - regardless of how bad it is.

Plus, it was a Christmas gift ...

The strange thing, to me, is that Nora writes under the pseudonym of J.D. Robb (which I get - Mysteries vs. Romance) but in some cases Nora has written books with J.D. - can anyone tell me how that works? How does one write a book with ones fictional self?

Just curious.
~
~
The anxiety/panic attacks are happening on a daily basis now. It is starting to freak me out.

In true male form, when I told Mr. Farmer that, he said ‘why are you so anxious?’ … Yep, he is a man – through and through. Glad we don’t have boys to pass that on to!
~
~
Complete randomness ... someone from Wood Dale, Illinois got to my blog through this Yahoo Search: how to cook crack cocaine 7up baking soda. Yea, sorry I couldn't help ya on that one ... how creepy is that? I don't think I have ever typed the word c.o.c.a.i.n.e. in my blog.
~
~
Been thinkin' about resolutions. I try not to make them, because I never keep them ...

But, I feel like I need to prioritize ... I need to focus on some things. Well something would be a good start. I was going to try to come up with a list ... but it is getting late and my computer is too slow to finish ... in the good words of Scarlett O'Hara - I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow.
~

Frannie

I am not where I need to be, but thank God I am not where I used to be - Joyce Meyers

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.' Hebrews 13:5

7 comments:

T-girl said...

This post was too cute... scattered, personal and non personal and just cute! I LOL at the Nora Roberts comment... I have wondered the same thing myself... does this mean she sits in her office and talks to herself or what?

BTW- John Mayer scares me, he reminds me of a real life Edward Scissor hands... to creepy! LOL

Kari Lee Townsend said...

Wow, everyone seems to be in the same boat as me. Need to prioritize and organize, etc. Maybe it's because it's a new year, we all are looking for a change, some order, sticking to resolutions, etc.

And don't get me started on the compouter thing. Ugh!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I am finally back after weathering the storm of school being out. I could comment on everything but I'll narrow it down. Girl, don't finish a book that stinks! Life is TOO short. You and my husband. Read the last page to see how it ends and move ON! :)
AngelBaby sounds JUST like Marian... oh the joys of those little grabby hands. I've enjoyed catching up... and you are in my prayers every day... for everything else. ;)

Anonymous said...

You have an innocence about you that cracks me up...cocaine. HA. I would never say that either!!!

Tell me more about these body products. Recent gift or purchase??
how did the homemade gifts go...did I miss that somewhere??

Frannie Farmer said...

T ... that is EXACTLY what I thought about John Mayer. Totally Edward Scissorhands.
Kari .. Maybe it is the new years thing, I know a lot of people tend to 'get it together' at the beginning of the year - generally I don't follow that trend, but I just feel the need for change. I just wish I knew what it was.
PC - welcome back. glad your holidays were good.
I know life is short .. but I always think it took me 5 tried to read Anna Karenina and eventually I 'got it' .. so I feel like I should give a gift book a fair shot. Dumb huh?
When I read about Marian, I always think of AngelBaby too. they, along w/T's BabyJ are all on the war path these days :) ahhh the life!
Mack .. you make my day - every single time you stop in. I'll fill ya in on the bath stuff and the homemade gifts soon. :)

Prunella Jones said...

Thanks for posting the video of Saddam. I kept meaning to google it but never got around to it. Boy whoever filmed it sure couldn't keep his camera steady! I'm sorta suprised they hung him instead of chopping off his head or something. Those countries don't mess around when it comes to capital punishment unlike us.

Frannie Farmer said...

Pru - I couldn't actually watch the video .. the pictures of him afterwards were enough for me. Ick.