Wednesday, February 28, 2007

To blog or not to blog.

I have been busy this week ... and by busy I mean leavin' the house by nine-am and not returnin' until nearly nine-pm.

It just seems that the past few weeks I have had more meetin's, do-gooder functions and casual get-together's than any gal should have to attend.

Add into that the schedules of 4 needy lovely children, a husband who can't seem to do a darned thing with out me loves my company and of course the prospect of a little extra slave labor work and you have one bone tired, not very witty Frannie.

But after the blogging events of the day ... I just felt the need to post a little somethin'.

Now I don't profess to know the blogger that I stalk read daily. But I do like to think that, after some time, I have a sense of who the are or who they aren't ... maybe I am fooling myself - but in general, I have been a good sense of character.

Now, are all bets off when you are in blog land? Am I naive to think that eventually a person true character will come out?

Maybe I am.

Now, I don't know if y'all know that I am a Stephanie Klein reader ... I am. I don't link to her blog because I figure she has more than enough readers and well, I wanna keep the few that I have ... or maybe I didn't want to appear cliquish - as I have read her since before I knew she was famous. I'm not really why I never linked her, but I didn't ...

Anyway ... I can recall quite some time ago when another one of the bloggers that I stalk read daily mentioned that she was going on a friend-date with a famous blogger and she was really nervous and excited ... and I was so amazed (and really freakin' jealous) that two of the bloggers that I ... well ... adore - were going to sit in the same room and talkin' blogging talk ... OMG. How cool is that?

OK, I digress ... they both mentioned that they had a good time and then I think SK moved to Austin and I don't really recall reading too much about them hanging out again ... fast forward to this post which causes no small amount of conversation on Stephanie's blog - nothing unusual there, she generally sparks a lot of heated emotions - but among the comments is one from k - the comment leads most readers to assume that this post is regarding k and the bashing (of both of them) is endless.

And I can think is NOOOOOO. Not these two, super cool, talented and amazing writers ... SK can't be writing about k ... in my mind the timing is all off, the traits that SK mentions just don't seem like the k that I read daily ...

Of course I go back later and see that both SK and K have said that K isn't the topic of the post ... I am relieved ... but still a bit shaken. Is that strange?

The only worse thing would be if Swishy and Manic Mom got into a b*tchfight.

Ok, so that is all soooo very random. But seriously, after the week I have had - it's all I got! Think of me what you will!

Frannie ...


Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit. Aristotle

If it's very painful for you to criticize your friends - you're safe in doing it. But if you take the slightest pleasure in it, that's the time to hold your tongue. Alice Duer Miller

As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:12

5 comments:

Kari Lee Townsend said...

I'm right there with you. I get sooo connected to the people I read. While I was away, I went through withdrawl. But my family had a cow if I went near a computer. Now that I'm back, I couldn't wait to get caught up. And yes, I would be very upset if manic and swishy starting trashing each other. What would we all do without the swishomanic????

xxxx said...

LOL! Never!!! Manic is the best! I would never trash her!

Well, mayyyyyybe. Like if ....

HA! Juuuuust kidding. I can't imagine that ever happening!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

You know what? I love Swishy so much that I am woman enough to admit that if we got into a bitchfight, she would freakin' kick my ass for sure! I can just see her yanking out my hair and scratching out my eyeballs!

But that will never happen because really, deep down, I think we are very good friends, and it's all because of the internet and the love of writing we share, and we totally did click when we met in person.

I feel the same way that Kari and I would be good friends too--we've even talked on the phone before.

And Frannie--you too! We would all have a blast, and the cool thing about meeting someone from the blog is you've already got a ton of things in common and tons of things to talk about!

Frannie Farmer said...

Kari - I can only imagine the withdrawal I would have. The *need to know* is too strong.
Swish - I can't imagine it happening either .. just as I couldn't with those two - which it WASN'T despite the thoughts of many others ...
Manic - Well at least you know your boundaries, right? :O) After all, if she really is Geri Ryan, I am thinkin' she has all the training she needs to kick your ass.
Maybe someday I will get to your side of the world .. or I could take a Blogger Meetin' Holiday .. just travel state to state meeting all of these fabulous blogging gals! Wouldn't that be cool?

Anonymous said...

I loved this synopsis! I was the same way with that intense commenting day on SK's Blog!