Monday, October 23, 2006

Day 16.

Yes, the saga continues. The saga of my aching head ...

However, I won't bore you with the details, I will just say that it is certainly affecting my every day life. Not completely, I am continuing to do the things I need to do, but letting slide the things I want to do.

That being said, I did sit down and watch a movie last night. Something I never do, much to the chagrin of the family. I just don't sit still well ... unless, of course, I am losing myself in blog world.

Anywho ... so the family and I watched Click. I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't say that I am a big Adam Sandler fan, but despite him I generally end up enjoying his movies.

I also have to admit that for as many laughs as I had, I had an equal number of tears. Perhaps it is because I find myself more reflective lately or maybe its because I am aging - or it could even be that I know I need to make some changes in my life ... whatever the reason, it hit home for me.

Here is the synopsis:

'Click' focuses on a workaholic architect, Michael Newman, (Adam Sandler) who discovers a universal remote control (via Morty Christopher Walken) which allows him to fast-forward and rewind through different parts of his life; fights w/his wife (Kate Beckinsale), boring dinners w/his parents (Henry Winkler & Julie Kavner) and unpleasant moments w/his children (too many actors to name) and boss (David Hasselhoff).

However, when the remote begins overriding his choices, life goes from calm to chaos overnight. Michael finds his entire life on fast-forward and himself unable to enjoy any of it.

Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I feel like that too. Like I am just watching my life speed by and never taking the time to appreciate the good things ... always worrying about the bad - must deal with 'em now - things. I tend to forget that the bad (unpleasant, unhappy, less than perfect) things, are the things that make me, me!

I often say; if I hadn’t experienced the bad things, how would I ever appreciate the good things? But how quickly, how easily I forget the prospective … I know it is true, but I don’t always like it.

So, anywho ... it is a good movie – or at least I thought so … and so did Mr. Farmer, who I noticed had to wipe away a few tears himself.

Happy Monday!
~ Frannie

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -- John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Has anyone planted a vineyard and not begun to enjoy it? Let him go home, or he may die in battle and someone else enjoy it.
Deuteronomy 20:6

No comments: