Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Oh my aching head.

I just can't seem to shake this migraine.
I'm sure that, at least in part, it is because I am not actually gettin' any sleep. I know .. I know .. big surprize there right.

I can't recall a time when I have gotten much sleep, it must have been sometime in the 80's ... when I was young enough to not care what was goin' on all around me.

Now, I wake up at the slightest sounds ... did someone just cough, was that Anabel bleetin' out there ... you name it, I wake for it.

The curse of a mother.

Or not.

I have a good friend who sleep through anything. She wakes up to find one child or another (hers, mind you) layin' in bed with her ... she never remembers them comin' in ... what's worse is that more than once one of them has been dropped off early in the a.m. by a friend - or the other parent - and she doesn't hear 'em come through the door or into her room or nothin'! To me, that's scary; especially bein' a single gal with teenagers, which she is.

Now Frannie's kids know - they won't be gettin' away with nothin' ... they know that I wake up at the drop of a pin and that I don't let Mr. Farmer oil up any squeaky doors or floorboards. I might be agin' rapidly, but I still remember the tricks of the trade.

So, although my head has been achin', I have still prepared a number of meals today. I gottem there mostly on time ... so we'll see how that goes.

In between cookin' I have been lookin' at the million-and-one places you can go to get blog templates. Who would have thought there would be so many places to check? I really want to create my own graphic and get a template made. I have something particular in mind ... I just don't know how to go about it.

If you have any ideas - please let me know! In my quest for a new template, I discovered a number of new - ultra cool - blogs:

Bluebird Blogs - her designs are terrific and her prices are quite reasonable.

Zoot's {free} Designs - fantastic designs. Free, yep she has been doin' them for free - that is until some snarky people messed it up for the rest of us. I think she is takin' a break, but she still has a few that she will let you beg or borrow.

Nello Design - also exceedingly cool, alas she is on a break as well ... is there a trend here?

and then...

BlogSkins - Ok, this was recommended almost every where, but I just have to say that I don't get it. At all. I guess that is the novas blogger in me.

Along the way, I also Googled "create your own character". Whew. Did I open a can of worms there!

It appears that South Park has the market there, but that isn't exactly what I had in mind.

After a Google page or two, I found the create your own dolls (or Dollz) section, of which there were many:
The Doll Palace
eLouai's Candybar Doll Maker 2
Style Dollz
Stardoll - Your paperdoll heaven
Dollmaker
puterdolls.com
Doll Island
Cartoon Doll Emporium
and the list goes on and on and on ..... FOREVER!

Let me just tell you a secret ... these things can be addictive. Really, once you get into designing your doll, choosin' your hair color and your outfit - add in some accessories, yikes ... it just takes over.

Sweetie Pie came home and asked me what I was doin' - I was down right embarrassed to tell her that I was playin' with computer dolls!

Oh well ... it isn’t the first time she has caught me off guard …

Hope your Wednesday treated ya ok!

Y’all are in my prayers – really!

~ Frannie


On the outside one is a star. But in reality, one is completely alone, doubting everything. To express this loneliness of soul is the hardest thing in the world.
-Brigitte Bardot



He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy. Job 8:21

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, those headaches are the devil's curse for sure. I get sick to my stomach with them and I feel like my head is going to explode for real. I hope yours take a different approach. I use Advil Migraine and I have a prescription to Imitrex. The trick with Imitrex is you have to catch it at the onset or it does not work...then my trusty backup Advil steps up. They help me...hope they help you!!