Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Of course we have cleaned it up

… but it wasn’t pleasant.

The past two days haven’t been either. Not because of AngelBaby’s poop art … but because Frannie has been suffering from a H-U-G-E migraine that won’t go away.

Yesterday I spent most of the day in bed, getting up only to eat a few saltines and then wander aimlessly back to bed. The stairs just about killed me; as did the tractors across the way – who knew that they could be that loud.

To top is off, Mr. Farmer had a vast number of errands to run in town and although he took most of the brood, AngelBaby remained home with MaaMaa. Ever tried to keep a baby still when they don’t wanna be still and your head is pounding? Not fun, that’s all I’m sayin’.

Needless to say, my house is messier, my chores are not done … and I have several meals to create by the end of the week. Did I mention that I sort of branched out last week … Frannie is starting her own mini-catering business. I will be makin’ home-cooked meals for those who just don’t have the time.

I have, for the past couple of years, often made meals for those in need; those in a crisis or just plain to busy during a given time. People generally tell me that my cookin’ is real good, but of course I have a hard time believin’ ‘em …’cause really it’s just regular food.

But finances bein’ tight lately (ok, well tight since about 2003 … whatever!), I decided that I needed to be doin’ a little more to add to the bank. It has been a tough road for the Farmer clan … again, stuff that I will explain better when I finish up my proper introduction … I thought for a while that I could do some sort of book-keepin’ from home, but the brood doesn’t allow me much time on the computer. Then I was asked to watch someone else’s children for a while; which turned into about a YEAR!

It was a long year and I determined that perhaps childcare (of other people’s children) wasn’t really my calling – if you know what I mean.

I have been really praying about this. Trying to discover what talent I have that I can use. Considering I have long been told that I am void of talent, this has taken a lot of soul searchin’ for me.

Perhaps it makes sense to others, but it wasn’t readily apparent to me … the whole cookin’ thing. But I put some feelers out there and discovered that there was some interest in home-cooked meals.

The whole idea scares me. A lot! Maybe that is where the migraine came from?? Who knows? I just know that I will have to become more timely (with all these kids, timely isn’t usually in my vocabulary!). I will have to get a handle on portion sizes and figure out what to charge people. Both of these are difficult for me, since I tend to cook B-I-G and I find it very difficult to place a value on myself, let alone my services …

I’ll keep you updated. This will be a challenging week.

But right now, I think I am going to take a nap!

Yours,
Frannie

What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork.-Pearl Bailey

God said, "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness." Jeremiah 31:3

4 comments:

primarycolors said...

Hey Frannie- I found you by accident but have been reading and laughing!! I don't have any experience in cooking but I know what it's like to start a business. Not sure what kind of market you're in but don't underprice yourself- you'd be surprised what people will pay! Get yourself some cute labels or tags and hit the ground running. Good luck! :) Robin

Anonymous said...

Great business idea. You will be so fantastic at that!! I wish you were closer...I could be your very first customer! I like the neat label idea from primarycolors. People will buy anything that is packaged well!!

I get migraines as well and they knock me on my rear. I hope those pass for you!!

That poop art story was really gross, but equally as funny. That is great blackmail material for when that little one starts dating!!

Frannie Farmer said...

Primarycolors - welcome. I am glad you happened in. Sorry that you had to be a witness to the Poop art. I wish I could say that it was an isolated event .. but, yea, not so much!
I am workin' on the labels and tags. I want to come up with a good *tag* line .. just haven't found anything I love yet.

Mac - I am so glad to see your comments. You make my day - seriously!
And I do plan on using that poop art as blackmail! Absolutely!

Anonymous said...

Vice Versa Frannie!! :)