Saturday, October 07, 2006

Rise and shine. Or not.

Frannie got to sleep in this morning, I am not sure if Mr. Farmer slipped Brutus a mickey or if I am just so tired that I slept through all of the crowing.

Mr. Farmer had to head off to the city this morning, he had to pick up some feed and other supplies - I think he left by 5am. I vaguely recall a kiss on the cheek and a ‘see ya tonight’ … bless his heart for not asking about the coffee I didn’t make.

I awoke at 8am to Little Miss with her itchy hands and feet. I think it might be time for a trip to the Doc. We have tried the Benadryl, a healthy application of Cortizone and even the prescription steroid cream that we got for AngelBaby a while back – her symptoms were similar, so it was worth a shot. But so far nothing is working … it is real hard to get a little one to stop scratching somethin’ that is itchin’ them like crazy!

The sleepin’ in was nice though. I don’t get to do it often – in fact, it felt like I was breakin’ the rules. Oh well, sometimes you just gotta.

Today is another canning and cookin’ day. I made up a couple of batches of squash for canning yesterday. I think I have a day or two for the tomatoes (or towpatoes, as Little Miss calls them) and the pumpkin has at least week.

I also made a few trays of Parmesan Chicken last night. De-lic-ious! Today I will conquer a few trays of lasagna, with fresh spinach and basil. Yum!

I discovered quite a few cool blogs yesterday; just clicking on that ‘Next Blog’ thingy at the top of the page.

Here are a few:
White Trash Mom, my kind of gal. She has a serious sense of humor!

See A Penny, Pick It Up - A 'crunchy', budget-minded mama, a vegetarian, a homeschooler -- trying hard to do EVERYTHING right (but seldom succeeding -- oh well...!).

Sarah Anne Photography – A young lady with a ton of talent. Her photography is beautiful!

Well its lunch time and I haven’t accomplished much more than gettin’ the animals fed, I should probably feed the children too – lol!

Remember, you can’t unscramble scrambled eggs … meaning, you can’t undo what has been done. You can learn from it and make better choices the next time.

So, set out to make good choices today …

~ Frannie


I have not yet reached my goal, and I am not perfect. But Christ has taken hold of me. So I keep on running and struggling to take hold of the prize. My friends, I don't feel that I have already arrived. But I forget what is behind, and I struggle for what is ahead. I run toward the goal, so that I can win the prize of being called to heaven. This is the prize that God offers because of what Christ Jesus has done.

Philippians 3:12-14

In Frannie's words: Forgetting the bad behind me, I press on to the good ahead of me.

3 comments:

T. Suzanne Eller said...

That's a lot of cooking. : ) No wonder you needed extra sleep!

Patience said...

Indeed, yes -- sounds like you have LOTS on your Plate -- farm moms are among the busiest I know! And here's to much canning success (raises wide-mouth pint jar to you: '-clink!-') -- hopefully you are having nice cool weather where you are in which to do it in...!

Frannie Farmer said...

TSE, That's what I do. I love it, even when I complain :o)
Seeapenny, I think every mother, well every woman - has a lot on her plate .. you certainly seem to as well.
Thanks for stopping in ladies. I appreciate it, as well as the encouragement.