Friday, October 06, 2006

A slightly quieter night.

An appropriate dose of Benadryl enabled Little Miss to sleep a wee bit longer last night. We made it until 4:08am (precisely) … again the call came out MaaMaa, MaaMaa. Let me tell you, there isn’t a thing wrong with that girls vocal chords!

This time though, I stood firm. I tucked Little Miss back in her bed, gave her a kiss, told her I loved her (at least a dozen times) and told her she needed to sleep in her big girl bed. Then I left the room.

I heard her murmuring for a while, but we both must have drifted off to sleep because the next thing I heard was Brutus’ crowing …

So, feeling a bit more rested today, I feel like I can get all of my chores done (ok, that’s a stretch I know) and get some much needed catch up cookin’ done.

I like to cook up a few meals ahead of time so that when I have unexpected company or when I know a family is in need, I can just grab something out of the freezer and tada - good food is aplenty!

But now Frannie’s freezer is empty with a capital E! So I am sittin’ here with my trusty Cook Book tryin’ to decide what to make. The choices are endless; Old Fashioned Beef Stew, Shepherd's pie, Country Style Ham Casserole, Chicken Cacciatore – ok, I am getting off track.

Like I was sayin’, I’ve got some cookin’ to do.

I also have some canning to do. You would think I would be a pro, livin’ on a farm and all, but I haven’t really done too much canning in recent years … babies, babies, babies. But this year I vowed to fill up the pantry with some wholesome, homemade canned goods. I am doing ok; I have green beans, applesauce, rhubarb (yum!), beets (I like ‘em) and peaches. But I still have pumpkin, squash and tomatoes to can.

I had forgotten how much time canning takes, especially when you have a brood runnin’ around, animals to care for and volunteer projects to work on.

My thoughts for the week;
The whole Georgetown, PA thing has got me all aflutter. It just eats me up inside – such a tragedy. It is so hard to imagine how something so horrible could happen?

A man in Louisville, Kentucky says he killed his family. 4 Kids found dead. Heartbreaking!

Mark Foley's Downfall. Appalling scandal. Makes.Me.Sick! How do these guys not get caught sooner?

Toddler dies from E. coli. Will we ever be able to eat without worrying?

I know this is when people struggle most with Christ … why does He allow these things to transpire?

I don’t have the answers … I wish I did.

Other, less important, drivel –

The Paris-Shanna Smackdown. I’m sorry, I think this is funny. Don’t these girls have anything better to do than fight over an Ugly boy with too many tattoos? Come on!

Four Men Frolicking - John Travolta, Martin Lawrence, William H. Macy and Tim Allen. Can anyone say MANBOOBS? Ewwww!

Madonna to Adopt Baby in Malawi
Bless her heart. Really. I mean that.

A Simple Show of Hands
A study shows that hand-holding couples may be protected from pain and stress. Glad to hear it, since Mr. Farmer and I sincerely enjoy holding hands … when the Brood will let us.

Gas prices may have hit bottom. Man, I hope so. Because Frannie here drive a B-I-G People mover and the gas prices are killin’ us!



Y'all have a terrific weekend. The sun is shinin' in my neck of the woods, I hope it is in yours as well.
Frannie




But those who suffer he delivers in their suffering; he speaks to them in their affliction. Job 36:15

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you both got some shut eye last night. That post about the other night cracked me up. What a sweet family you seem to have. Brutus...what a comical name for the rooster.
*I will be back to your blog...it is refreshing!!**