Thursday, October 12, 2006

Thankful Thursday

Busy bee ..

That’s me. I had a number of volunteer responsibilities to take care of today.

Meetings, I am not so good at ‘em. You know, when you have to stand up and speak knowledgeably about something that you are passionate about. In general, I write much better than I speak. I guess that is the benefit of the delete button.

I volunteer for a non-profit agency; we are in the process of planning an auction for year end and I somehow managed to become the chairperson for the auction. Sure no pressure, right? Uhhhh, yea! I am completely freaked out.

I have to come up with an innovative plan to get people to spend money after they have already emptied their pocket books for Christmas. Innovative isn’t exactly my middle name. Now, if you give a mixed bag of ingredients I can almost always come up with a tasty meal … but innovative in this area….yep, I am freaking!

Ah well, I shall worry about it next week.

Tomorrow I am taking all the kids, and a few extras, to the movies. Whew, it will be quite a trip; me, six kids, popcorn, soda, candy and a movie called Open Season. Is that a dangerous combination or what? I think we’ll have fun!

Little Miss is doing better today, although I think she is developing a dependency on Benadryl, she keeps asking me if it is time for her medicine yet. Of course, because Little Miss gets medicine that seemingly tastes good, AngelBaby is near by with her mouth open like a baby bird … is this how America gets over-medicated?

Another blog that recently caught my eye: a little pregnant; turns out you can be … a little pregnant. madcap misadventures in infertility, pregnancy, and parenthood.
Funny? Not the word I would use. Certainly moving … especially for anyone who has had even the remotest issue with infertility, which I have.

Well, it is Thursday and I am picking up on the Thankful Thursday bandwagon.
I am thankful that I no longer have to worry about infertility … I have all the children a MaaMaa could want.

I am thankful that I wake up every morning next to Mr. Farmer, that I can walk down the hall and be greeted by a plethora of *I love you, MaaMaa’s*.

I am thankful that the cupboards are full, that I can offer some to those in need, that the bills are paid this month and that our illnesses are at a minimum!

I am certainly thankful for having a place to put my thoughts.

~ Frannie



Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.

Hebrews 12:28, 29

No comments: